The Last Weekend | Indy Week

You searched for:

Search for…

Narrow Search


Rated NR · 40 min.

An uninspired, stilted script derails a wonderful performance by Patricia Clarkson (The Station Agent) in this attempt to show the 99 percent how the other 1 percent feel. Even Nancy Meyers (Something's Gotta Give), the patron saint of entitled main characters, would say, "That's a bit much." We follow matriarch Celia Green (Clarkson) as she attempts to wrangle her three grown children into one final weekend at the family's vacation estate on Lake Tahoe. These family tensions would be settled in 30 minutes in real life. At least the view is nice.

Now Playing

The Last Weekend is not showing in any theaters in the area.


Subscribe to this thread:

Add a review

INDY Week publishes all kinds of comments, but we don't publish everything.

  • Comments that are not contributing to the conversation will be removed.
  • Comments that include ad hominem attacks will also be removed.
  • Please do not copy and paste the full text of a press release.

Roll over stars and click to rate.

Permitted HTML:
  • To create paragraphs in your comment, type <p> at the start of a paragraph and </p> at the end of each paragraph.
  • To create bold text, type <b>bolded text</b> (please note the closing tag, </b>).
  • To create italicized text, type <i>italicized text</i> (please note the closing tag, </i>).
  • Proper web addresses will automatically become links.

© 2018 Indy Week • 320 E. Chapel Hill St., Suite 200, Durham, NC 27701 • phone 919-286-1972 • fax 919-286-4274
RSS Feeds | Powered by Foundation