mmmFresh Strawberry Pie
click to enlarge
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package strawberry ﬂavored gelatin (4-serving size )
- 2 cups water
- 4 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 9-inch baked pie shells, cooled
- Cook sugar, cornstarch, gelatin, and water until thick; cool.
- Place whole berries in the baked pie shells.
- Pour sauce over berries and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Serve with lightly sweetened whipped cream and garnish with mint.
Makes 2 pies.
Appeared in print on 6.3.09.