click to enlarge
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose ﬂour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- About 6 medium peaches, peeled, pitted
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose ﬂour
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
To make the crust:
To make the ﬁlling:
- Place the ﬂour, butter, and sour cream in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- When the dough has formed a ball, pat with lightly
ﬂoured hands into the bottom and sides of 6 ungreased mini tart pans (3 3/4-inch) with removable bottoms or one large 10-inch tart
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the crust is set but not browned.
- Let cool while preparing the ﬁlling.
Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
To make the glaze:
- Slice 2 of the peaches and cut 4 of them into little chunks.
- Arrange the fresh peach chunks on top of the crust.
- Overﬁll the crust, as
peaches will shrink during cooking.
Combine the egg yolks, sour cream, sugar, and ﬂour and beat until smooth. Pour the mixture over the peaches in each tart. Place a
couple of peach slices on top of the tart.
- Place the tart pans on a baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour, until the custard sets and
is pale golden in color.
- Cover with an aluminum foil tent if the crust gets too dark.
- Transfer the tart pan to a wire rack to cool.
cool, remove the side wall of the pan.
*Makes 6 mini tarts or 1 large tart.
- Combine the peach preserves and orange zest.
- Spread with a pastry brush over the top of the warm tart.
- Serve the tarts warm, at
room temperature, or chilled.
- Add fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for an extra decadent treat.
Appeared in print on 6.24.09.