Easter Egg Cookies
Making cookies can be as fun as eating them!
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
3. Cut in butter and blend with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
Stir in lightly beaten egg, vanilla and cream. Blend well.
4. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into shapes.
Place on ungreased baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake for 6 - 8 minutes, or until lightly brown.
Sugar Cookie Icing
2 teaspoons milk
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
assorted food coloring colors
1. In a small bowl, stir together the milk and confectioners sugar until smooth.
2. Beat in corn syrup and the vanilla extract until icing is smooth and glossy.
If the icing is too thick, add additional corn syrup to thin slightly.
3. Divide the icing into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to
the preferred color intensity. Paint the icing onto the cookies or pipe with
decorator icing tubes and tips.
4. Top with candy decorator balls, holiday sprinkles or any other festive
Enjoy, these are as much fun to decorate as they are to eat!