1. Gang of Four--Entertainment: "A classic display of political angular post-punk that influenced a zillion bands and will hopefully influence a zillion more."
2. The B-52's--Wild Planet: "The highly under-rated second album. This one just gets us dancing and laughing all at the same time. Perfect for a beach party."
3. XTC--Drums and Wires: "Shirlé's favorite band of all time and my favorite record by them. They still have their herky-jerky spunk from their first two albums, but have really hit their stride as songwriters."
4. Devo--Duty Now For The Future: "I've been listening to this record since I was 12 years old. I put 'The Day My Baby Gave Me A Surprize' on the very first mix tape I made for Shirlé when we first started dating."
5. Public Enemy--It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back: "Everyone needs a least one hip hop record to be with them for the rest of their lives, and this is the one. It changed the face of hip hop. Chuck D is one of the best MCs ever."