1 large bag mint-chocolate cookies
4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups thick chocolate sauce
1 quart chocolate chip ice cream
1 quart mint-chocolate-chip ice cream
Sprigs of mint
1. Place about 40 of the mint chocolate cookies in a zippered plastic
bag. Press out any air in the bag and seal. Crush the cookies with a
rolling pin, creating cookie crumbs.
2. Remove most of the cookie crumbs and place in a small mixing
bowl. Combine crumbs with melted butter or margarine and mix
well. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
Spread crumb crust with 3/4 cup of the chocolate sauce, warming
the sauce in the microwave if necessary to make it easier to spread.
Freeze crust for 15-30 minutes.
3. Soften the first layer of ice cream by leaving it out for 10-15 minutes. Spread the first layer of ice cream over the crust. Freeze for 15
minutes. Meanwhile, take the second flavor out of the freezer to soften for 10-15 minutes. Then spread another layer of
ice cream and freeze again. Do for 3 layers.
4. Spread the remaining crumbs over the top. Freeze cake for
at least 6 hours, or overnight.
5. Before serving, decorate ice cream cake with a sprigs of
mint. Remove outer ring of the springform pan and slice.