Anita Guinness. A few things.
The fact that the neighbors came by and asked if it was ok to set off fireworks...and being told that she would rather NOT have them do just that...for them to do it anyways is beyond me. It's simply not right. It would be "DECENT" as you say, for them to refrain from such things, otherwise, why ask?
Secondly, just because YOUR pets lived long and fruitful lives in the midst of such poisons, doesn't mean other animals would be so lucky. Now, I'm not saying BAN such substances...but I will say your lack of compassion, in this matter, is indecent to say the least.
I agree with your point about people's self-righteousness these days. I think that it's the owner's responsibility to do what's best for their pets. Your assumption that it takes "so much" of this substance to cause harm to an animal is basically your ignorance to how chemicals work in the body. Every living thing reacts to everything differently. Again, please don't misread me...I agree that it was HER responsibility.
All I ask is that you, just like the author in some ways, get off your soapbox and have a little compassion for the animal, as WELL as the author for almost losing her loved one. Generally, people like you disgust me.
Sue, I'm so glad she's ok and if it was my Livy, I would have done the SAME THING. Dogs are our children..."some" people just don't have any compassion these days.
Make sure you're signed up so we can inbox you the latest.
Login to choose your subscriptions!
Indy Week • 201 W. Main St., Suite 101, Durham, NC 27701 • phone 919-286-1972 • fax 919-286-4274
RSS Feeds | Powered by Foundation