Name as it appears on the ballot: Bryant Kelly Warren Jr.
Full legal name, if different: same
Date of birth: March 21, 1950
Home address: 109 Holt Street, Hillsborough, NC 27278
Mailing address, if different from home: Same
Campaign Web site: To Come
Occupation & employer: US Postal Service
Home phone: 919-732-1115
Work phone: N/A
Cell phone: 919-280-3611
1. What do you believe are the most important issues facing Hillsborough? If elected, what are your top priorities in addressing those issues?
We need to make sure we keep up with everything going on with new developments and make sure they understand what we expect of them. As a town we need to stay up with any and all government supports and or grants available to us for building parks, recreation areas, trails (walking and biking) and work on getting more mass transportation.
2. What is there in your record as a public official or other experience that demonstrates your ability to be effective on the Town Board? This might include career or community service; but please be specific about its relevance to this office.
3. How do you define yourself politically and how does your political philosophy show itself in your past achievements and present campaign platform?
Not sure how to answer this question, this is the 2nd time I ran for any office. I know Im concerned on what happens to Hillsborough and the surrounding areas.
4. Identify a principled stand you might be willing to take if elected that you suspect might cost you some popularity points with voters.
Trying to be understanding and fair with everyone. You can not always please everyone.
5. On more than one occasion, real estate developer American Asset Corporation submitted plans to turn 200 acres on the southern end of town into a mixed-use development, but Hillsborough officials have been reluctant to give the stamp of approval. Should the Town commit to working with American Asset to develop the property, and if so, under what conditions? If the current proposal does not come to fruition, should the Town recruit a new developer to work on the tract or wait until the next offer comes along?
This is an area that could be very controversial. We need to decide if this is right for Hillsborough. If its right for Hillsborough they need to design it to benefit the town and not hurt the town. You have to look at it as this development is willing to try and work with the town and give the town what they would like. We may not get a chance to let someone else take this entire area and develop it. Part of the area is already zoned for High-end Commercial so legally the owners can put any high-end development there with no problems. We need to make sure we get what is best.
6. What kinds of development projects would interfere with the towns plans for its future?
Just about any Development would interfere with the towns future. We need to make sure Hillsborough is protected as much as possible.
7. Under what circumstances should the Town Board consider changing the town attorney?
To me this is an unfair question before I answer it I would need to investigate.
8. What lessons were learned in the search for the police chief that could be applied to future hiring decisions?
Not sure why this question was asked was there a problem?
9. What lessons were learned in the Towns protracted battle to prevent the construction of an asphalt plant within Town limits? What can the Town do to avoid similar problems in the future?
We need to complete the new zoning and ordnance regulations to cover these problems.
10. What approach would you take to resolve the dispute the factions competing for control of the Hillsborough Farmers Market?
Not knowing everything that is going with this dispute. I feel the County and Town should have representation of the Farmers Market Board this should help with any disputes. The Farmers Market is very important to our town and county. I feel it will only grow. What I do know and have heard is we have two groups that would like to control what happens with the Farmers Market. If it was not for the individuals that stated it in the beginning we may not have a market. Even then they need to be willing for change, change will always be there. The board should consist of persons selling at the market with a representative for the town and county. They should follow the same guides as other town and county boards.