Thank you, God, for victories won! Now, on to bigger and better things!
"more than 117,000 children referred to child protective services each year in NC for various forms of abuse and neglect at the hands of their BIOLOGICAL PARENTS."
Agreed that child abuse and neglect does need to be addressed by legislation. However, the MAJORITY of these cases involve one or the other of the biological parents who are living in SEPARATE households!!!
"And the Admendment doesn't hurt children??? Well, not children of straight, married couples and I guess that is all some people care about. I happen to care about ALL children and if this passes it WILL cause some children of gay and lesbian FAMILIES to lose thier health insurance and if the parents can not afford to buy them quality health insurance then yes it will hurt these children."
Think about this.......If gays and lesbians weren't defiant against God's word by not practicing homosexuality, we wouldn't have to worry about children of gay and lesbians losing health insurance. The gay and lesbians created this mess and expect people to support what they do by continuing to offer them benefits via their forbidden lifestyle/choice. God clearly states that homosexuality is forbidden. (Genesis 18:20-21, Genesis 19:4-11, Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, Deut. 23:18, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Cor. 6:9, Jude 7). And God is the ultimate judge and power. You don't get to intentionally choose wrong and expect to benefit from it.
CIVIL RIGHTS AND THE NC MARRIAGE PROTECTION AMENDMENT - Being gay is a choice; a learned behavior. It is not an identity. It is not "who I am" but "what I do." As such, homosexuality is not a civil rights issue, but a moral issue.
FACTS THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW related to the NC Marriage Protection Amendment:
1. Many have tried to deceive the public regarding this amendment. Legislature never did name it "Amendment One." Opponents did not want to use the word marriage and decided to call it Amendment One. It is called the Marriage Protection Amendment.
2. The Marriage Protection Amendment will NOT hurt children. In fact, the amendment will allow children to be cared for by the people responsible for bringing them into the world (biological parents). Fact: children do best when raised by their married mother and father.
3. The amendment will NOT hurt the economy. There is no evidence of such; nor has there been any studies to prove such. In fact, 8 out of the 10 states best places to do business have the marriage amendment in place.
4. The amendment does NOT hurt families. The amendment only PROTECTS families.
5. The Marriage Protection Amendment does NOT target same-sex couples or treat them unfairly; nor does it revere discrimination in the constitution.
6. The Marriage Protection Amendment does not take away private contractual rights from same-sex couples. Gays & lesbians live as they choose but they do not have the right to redefine marriage. Marriage is defined by God as one man and one woman!
**As you read the two lines on the ballot, the issue is marriage. God instituted marriage (in the Bible) to be between one woman and one man. People change; but God and his word never change! That applies to all things, all people, and all circumstances.
Vote FOR the Marriage Protection Amendment on May 8th.
Indy Week • 302 E. Pettigrew St., Suite 300, Durham, NC 27701 • phone 919-286-1972 • fax 919-286-4274
RSS Feeds | Powered by Foundation