One of the worst crosswords my wife and I (who have four post-graduate degrees between us) have ever encountered. A meaningless title; a repeated answer ("naps"); ridiculously obscure definitions, including:
- A French sailing term "Englished" (amured)
- A North Korean city that is not among the 10-20 most populous or important in that country (Rashin)
- A variant spelling of a Hebrew letter (ain)
- An alternative definition of a common word (screed) that does not appear in most dictionaries because it is (says the OED) "obsolete except dialectic"
- A Samoan name for a bird identified as Australian (ioa)
I mean: why bother?
Indy Week • 302 E. Pettigrew St., Suite 300, Durham, NC 27701 • phone 919-286-1972 • fax 919-286-4274
RSS Feeds | Powered by Foundation