Strange that you didn’t report the towns and at least one county that have “opted out.”
Keep in mind that whenever you see a sign that says “No Guns Allowed,” what the criminals see is “Everyone at this location has been disarmed for your convenience.”
Why is it that liberals, the ones who always chant “power to the people,” are forever trying to disarm those people? Is it that you don’t want the people to have too much power? Is the power to defend themselves too much power to the people?
I often hear liberals (and some statist conservatives) openly worry about Concealed Handgun Permit holders shooting them or their families. Here’s my question. What are you planning on doing that would get you shot by the most law abiding people on the planet? In the 16 year history of CHP issue in North Carolina, more than 300,000 permits have been issued. There are currently 228,072 active NC Concealed Handgun Permits. In all that time, less than 0.4% have been revoked or suspended for any reason, and the vast majority for non-violent reasons.
If you are worried about getting bitten by a shark, that tells me that you are planning on getting into the ocean. If you are worried about getting shot by the most law abiding people on the planet, that makes me wonder what you are planning on doing to them that would make them shoot you.
You are correct. Federal law defers to State law when the person has a license. If the State allows a licensee to carry a gun on school property, Federal law is silent. That, plus Federal law would not survive a court challenge.
Airports are not restricted areas for guns. Only the "sterile" areas past the TSA security checkpoint. If there is no State law against it, you are free to carry a gun in the non sterile areas of an airport. Atlanta just lost that battle in court.
This is a bad bill not because it wold allow pols to carry guns in schools, but because it basically says "some pigs are more equal than others."
maybe you could explain why the State should not allow all licensees to carry on school grounds? Is there something about being near children that would take to most law abiding group of people in the nation and turn them into murderers? You do realize that the "no guns allowed" signs just means "unarmed victims here," right? It's like a spinning flashing beacon to mass murderers, "come here to commit your crimes. No one can stop you!"
First, a quick correction. Roxanne Kolar is the Executive Director of North Carolinians Against Gun Violence, not North Carolinians Against Gun Control.
Secondly, Roxanne Kolar is a fool. I am sure that she is convinced that the world would be a better place if crime victims knew their place and allowed themselves to be murdered instead of defending themselves. But if we put it to a vote, I'm betting that 95% of North Carolinians would vote for the criminal to die rather than the victim. The remaining 5%, of course, would be the criminals and their moms.
Once again, NCGV, the local branch office of the anti-gun Joyce Foundation, is grasping for relevance. It does my conservative heart good to see so much leftist money wasted on a clown like Roxanne, who uses it to make a fool of herself in public, embarrassing the rest of the anti-gun crowd.
Indy Week • 302 E. Pettigrew St., Suite 300, Durham, NC 27701 • phone 919-286-1972 • fax 919-286-4274
RSS Feeds | Powered by Foundation