click to enlarge
It's time for the 19th annual INDY Week poetry contest.
Send us your poems—your audience awaits!
What can I win?
- The first-place winner will receive $500.
- The second- and third-place winners will receive $100 each.
- Winning poems will be printed in the April 10 issue of the INDY.
Am I eligible?
- Contestants must reside in Alamance, Caswell, Chatham, Durham, Franklin, Granville, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, Moore, Nash, Orange, Person, Randolph or Wake counties, or be full-time students at a Triangle college or university.
- Ineligible: Contributors, employees and family of employees of INDY Week.
How do I enter?
- All entries must be original, previously unpublished poems.
- You may submit up to three poems, no more than five manuscript pages in total.
- The reading fee is $9 for one poem, $11 for two poems, $13 for three poems. No poems will be read without the fee.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Entries must be paid for and postmarked or emailed by Feb. 27.
We offer two ways to submit your entries:
Via snail mail:
- Type entries on one side of an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper.
- Submit three copies of your poems. Do not write your name on these copies.
- Enclose a separate sheet with the following information: your name, mailing address, home and work phone numbers, email address and the titles of your poems.
- Also enclose a check or money order for the reading fee made out to INDY Week.
- Mail to: INDY Week Poetry Contest, P.O. Box 2690, Durham, NC 27715.
Via email and Paypal:
- Email entries to email@example.com. Due to the irregular formatting of poems, attachments (i.e. Word docs, etc.) are preferred rather than text in the body of the email. Do not include your name in the attachments.
- In your email, provide the following information: your name, mailing address, home and work phone numbers and the titles of your poems.
- Also in your email, note the keyword you provide (below) when making your Paypal payment (so that we can be sure to match your entries with your payment).
- Pay the reading fee via Paypal:
Read previous Poetry Contest winners