Chapel Hill accepting food truck applications beginning March 1 | Food | Indy Week
INDY Week's food blog

Archives | RSS

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chapel Hill accepting food truck applications beginning March 1

Posted by on Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Food truck vendors hungry to do business in Chapel Hill can apply for a permit beginning Thursday.

From the town's press release: The process will require several permits, including applications from the food truck vendor and the property owner, and business licenses, as well as documentation from the originating county's health department showing that approval has been given. The Town of Chapel Hill's annual fee for the food truck vendor is $718 while the annual fee for the property owner is $118. In addition, the food truck vendor must have a business license to operate in Chapel Hill.

Food truck vending is generally limited to commercially zoned, privately owned properties that can accommodate additional foot traffic. There are restrictions on food truck on-site locations and on hours of operation.

To apply for the associated permits to operate a food truck in Chapel Hill, visit the Permit Center on the 3rd floor of Town Hall, 405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., or call 919-968-5066. Staff will help determine which permits an operator at a proposed location will need. For additional information posted online including a Frequently Asked Questions web page.

Tags: ,

Pin It
Wanna start a food truck in Chapel Hill? Apply starting Thursday.


Showing 1-1 of 1

Add a comment

Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-1 of 1

Add a comment

INDY Week publishes all kinds of comments, but we don't publish everything.

  • Comments that are not contributing to the conversation will be removed.
  • Comments that include ad hominem attacks will also be removed.
  • Please do not copy and paste the full text of a press release.

Permitted HTML:
  • To create paragraphs in your comment, type <p> at the start of a paragraph and </p> at the end of each paragraph.
  • To create bold text, type <b>bolded text</b> (please note the closing tag, </b>).
  • To create italicized text, type <i>italicized text</i> (please note the closing tag, </i>).
  • Proper web addresses will automatically become links.

Latest in Food

More by Lisa Sorg

Twitter Activity


Sorry to hear of the closing of the Dillards Restaurant. Please don't stop selling my favorite Dillard's Bar B Q …

by Phyllis Walters on Dillard's Bar-B-Q Closes Its Doors (Food)

With all respect - right on! I thought of those exact points as I read the article. I'm very glad …

by Gcat1960 on New York Times article on North Carolina women chefs does a disservice to them and the profession (Food)

Most Read

Latest videos from the INDY

© 2015 Indy Week • 201 W. Main St., Suite 101, Durham, NC 27701 • phone 919-286-1972 • fax 919-286-4274
RSS Feeds | Powered by Foundation