1/4 cup or less of Crisco
16 oz mini marshmallows (Kraft)
1 tsp clear vanilla extract (gluten free)
1 tsp butter flavor (extract)
2 tbsp water
2lb bag of powdered sugar (sifted)
1.Grease inside of microwaveable safe bowl with Crisco.
2. Put marshmallows, flavorings, and water into bowl.
3. Microwave on high for 60 seconds. If not completely melted, stir and microwave at 30 sec intervals.
4. Put powdered sugar into large mixer bowl. (Fit stand mixer with dough hook) I use a wooden spoon. I don’t like how my Kitchen Aide mixer does this.
5. Mix until well incorporated.
6. Prepare work surface with sifted powdered sugar.
7. Turn fondant out onto work surface. Knead fondant into loaf. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap for at least one hour before using.
8.To store fondant: Wrap in plastic wrap, and then put into re-sealable plastic bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible. Fondant will keep very well in fridge for weeks.
**NOTE** If fondant needs food coloring, it is suggested you color it while mixing. Adding food color after it has been made is more difficult.
Recipe shared courtesy of Mechelle McClendon